Please join us for McClintock High School’s Solar Energy Cafe, Saturday, September 28 , 2013, from 10 am to noon, McClintock High School,
1830 E. Del Rio Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282-2823.
Part of the Green Apple Day of Service, this event includes a demonstration of the Solar Thermal Living Lab project, a solar thermal hot water heating system that uses roof-mounted flat plate and evacuated tubes solar collectors to heat the cafeterias hot water supply. Lunch is served via solar oven.
Schedule of events:
- 9:45-10:00 am Mix and Mingle
- 10:00- 10:05 Welcome from McClintock students, Ecology Teacher, Vicki Grady; and VP of Activities Ed Flores.
- 10:05- 10:20 Introduction to Living Labs Dashboard: Café discussion lead by Chevron Energy Solutions, Alison Smith. Participatory activity: living labs dashboard
- 10:20- 10:40 Participatory activity: Tour of Solar Thermal System at McClintock lead by Brad Bruckner, Greenfield Dynamics.
- 11:00-11:20 Café discussion lead by Pel Abbott, Sun Valley Solar Solutions.
- 11:20- 11:40 ASU Fellow- Making the connections- Solar Thermal vs Solar Electric
- 11:40-12:00 Participatory activity: Greenfield Dynamics Solar Thermal cooker. Hot Dog and S’mores Lunch and continuation of café discussions.